Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Visualization of 75 miles

Joseph Kenney here with another 75 miles for RLS update. The morning started at 4:15 with a warm up jog soon to follow. I was scheduled for a lower body and core workout.  The exercises included Squats, Good Mornings, One Legged Romanian Dead Lifts, Step Ups and Crunches.  We added a new twist to the crunches today.  I discussed with Rye the integration of visualization training into the core work-out. It explained the necessity to start drawing parallels from the training room floor to running on the road.  I suggested the "sets" add up to 75 but Rye had a much different thought process. After making my suggestion Rye agreed and started me off with a set of 75 crunches with my legs raised at a 90 degree angle. It didn't stop there and we continued into yet another set of crunches. The next set consisted of 75 crunches with my legs raised straight into the air. Many know these crunches as toe ups.  Neither set was particularly fun but I was certainly able to feel the pain that will be similar to being on the road for 12 -14 hours.  The visualization and counting of each rep up to 75 was just another reminder I have much work ahead of me.  It's now 6:45 in the evening and we (the family) are heading to the track for a sprint work out that will include 100 meter sprints. Tomorrow we will work on the upper body and again.....the core! What's your extraordinary?

2 comments:

Dan K said...

Hey Kenney, good workout...keep up the good work. Also, respond to my comments from a few days ago! That's what bloggers do dude!

DK

Joe RLS said...

Thanks for all of the support DK!