Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Think I forgot about you? Joseph Kenney here trying to catch you up on a few things!  It's been difficult to blog due to the power outages in the Omaha area. We've been without power for several days and our phone/internet/cable lines were just fixed.  

I tested a new ab workout called P90X. The DVD is titled ab ripper and is 15 minutes long. Many of you may be familiar with Tony Horton's training system. It's fantastic and gives you a solid workout in a minimal amount of time. The ab ripper requires you to complete 12 different exercises in 15 minutes. Thus resulting in the completion of 339 gut wrenching sit ups! Check out Tony Horton's site at www.p90x.com 

I completed a short 4.5 mile training run on Sunday night. I focused my attention on attacking the hills. This is contrary to the style of running that I will complete in the moonlight run/walk in September.  I will walk or lightly jog many of the longer hills on the 75 mile course. This is common place in "ultra" distance races. 

Therapy this week has consisted of electrical stimulation of my knee as well as low level laser therapy of my knee and colon.  Additionally we added in the re balancing of the right cerebellum and right knee.

I am scheduled for another lower body strength training workout with Rye. Speaking of Rye, he just finished his newest book titled Egg Whites and Ham and is now available for sale on the Internet.  Rye has several pages of his book to sample at www2.xlibris.com.

1 comment:

Dan Kenney said...

Joe: Thanks for the tip on Tony Horton...checked out his stuff and it looks crazy...keep up the good work. Hey, are you ever going to add some way on your blog that other people suffering from RLS could also share their journey or even their training? Just an idea... Dan