Sunday, June 15, 2008
Tempo Run early on Father's Day
Joseph Kenney here with another 75 miles for RLS training update. I changed this morning's training from a long 5 hour run to a much shorter 2 hour tempo run. I left my home at 4:30 and kept a quick pace until 6:30. I kept a consistent 7:00 minute mile pace which is considerably faster than what's planned for late September. It's necessary to put in these types of miles during the training program. These runs really help reduce the lactic acid buildup late in the race. It also served another purpose. My knee is still feeling the impact of last Saturday's run and my hamstrings are extremely sore from the mid-week workouts with Rye. I continue to stretch and ice the knee as a management tool only. I'm scheduled for physical therapy, heavy metals detox and visualization training tomorrow. What's your extraordinary?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Joe, where are the pictures of your training that you promised to upload. Your faithful Joemaniacs!
Post a Comment